Wednesday 17 April 2013

Woman meets home

*yawns* I is tired.
Got maybe 1.5hours broken sleep? Just.

Went to sign first lot of papers, packed, made calls to arrange gas and electricity, packed, went to the real estate office to sign the papers, got the 3 tonne set of keys and then went and inspected my new house.



It. Is. Lovely.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I have one little factor of disappointment, actually make that two. The main bathroom and toilet don't have a window (both are on the common wall, it is a duplex, oh well), and the next door neighbour isn't hot. There is however, more houses being built in the street, which means builders on site every week day.

Mumma might be doin' some walking ;)

I'm not joking when I say a shit load of keys. 12 keys, mmhmm *nods*, twelve. Plus 2 clicker doodads and an inside button for the garage roller door, a remote for each aircon unit, there's a glass scraper for the stove, and a fucking cookbook that came with the oven.


While packing, I managed to knock over 1 of the only 2 photo frames I hadn't packed. They are too big to pack. It fell, glass smashed and I sliced my finger. Went to grab a clean face washer or the like, but I'd packed all the damn linen. It looked serious at first, turns out looks were deceiving with this one. Still hurt like all fuck, like a super paper cut ...... but with glass ....... *sigh* yes roll your eyes at me.


It may have been the lack of sleep or major sugar high, but I was finding myself highly amused by the littlest things. Pretty sure it was both actually, though I wish I could say it was thanks to wine.



3 sleeps until moving day. Electricity connected tomorrow, gas bottles for the hot water delivered on Friday, move in on Saturday. Wine on Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment