Tuesday 16 April 2013

FUCK YES MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!

Tomorrow I sign the lease and get keys for a BRAND FUCKING NEW HOUSE!!!!! 
I am so excited! I woke with a migraine which sucked, then I got the phone call I was waiting for, was soooo happy, took drugs and fell asleep. 
That's not the point though, the point is NEW HOUSE!

Goodbye feral neighbours.
Goodbye tiny hot water system
Goodbye noisy inconsiderate upstairs and behind neighbours
Goodbye tiny living area
Goodbye security screen that keeps falling off the track
Goodbye lack of natural light or airflow
Goodbye no bathtub

But it's also goodbye to the house in which Miss G has toilet trained, graduated to a big girl bed and became a big sister; the first house Miss O called home, spoke her first words, sat on her own and started crawling; the house in which I have loved and lost, grown and learnt; the house that was the beginning of one journey, and the end of another.

This new house though, it means a whole other journey. It is the first house that is mine, just my name on the lease and just me responsible for it. I can make it mine, make it a home for myself and my girls. The girls will have their own rooms, their own space and will make bed time much easier for me. I am making this house a sanctuary, a place for us to feel safe, happy and supported. It is a long term home for us, I don't plan on moving again in many years.

The longest I have stayed in one house is just over 18 months. So yes, this is a big deal to me, not just as a single mum striving to make the best for her kids, but also as a person and as the home body type that I am, being able to make a house a home, and know its going to be for more than 18 months, that is fucking awesome!!!!!

It is 4 sleeps until move day ...... Thankfully I have started packing already, that's a miracle in itself, I hate packing as much as folding! But it has to be done and doing it means moving.

None of this would be possible without a group of truly wonderful people that I am stupidly lucky and grateful to call friends. They have their own busy lives to contend with but are still helping me in every way they can, and giving up a weekend to help me move. I'm not usually a soppy kind of girl, but fuck me I love these friends and appreciate it no end.

Fuck yes I am excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment