Friday 19 April 2013

What. A. Day.

I am beyond fucking buggered. My head is screaming "go the fuck to bed", but I do so and suddenly it's all like "let's lay here and recite our times tables and determine how many hedgehogs can fit up an alligators ass".
So I'm blogging.

The electricity at the new place was due to be connected today. According to AGL there's new regulations that state that an energex electrician must inspect a property before reconnecting power, even if it has been only disconnected for a few days (as is the case here). They need access to both inside and outside the property. I haven't moved in yet, had some cleaning products and a few random kitchen stuff, but that's it. Arranged the key to be left for the electrician to gain entry. My appointment was between 8am-1pm, I thought the 3 hour time frames from Telstra were bad.

We got to the place at 12.30pm to find a slip from energex stating that the connection was not completed due to "personal items on site". *sigh* I call AGL, am informed to remove my items, I asked if putting them in the back yard was ok, confirmed yes, just can't be in the lockable building. Done, new appointment arranged for same day 1-6pm.
Go back at 5.30pm, another mother fucking slip from the mother fucking pedantic electrician. This time he has written the standard note, and a personal one, with underlines, just to make his point. I get back on the phone, explain again, confirmed there was nothing I own inside that building, "are there any other removable items?", there's spare tiles, paint tins and a touch up kit left in the garage, "oh that would be it, there can't be any items that can be removed from the house, it is regulation that they can't enter" ...... He didn't even touch the damn keys, he didn't go in the fucking house!
New appointment made for tomorrow, 8am-1pm.


It says:
"I was informed no items inside he lockable building, in the open yard is fine. I have since removed said items. PTO.
I have also removed the the carpet squares, a/c remotes, spare tiles & paint cans. I do not own them but they are 'removable'.I have however, left the removable bathroom & kitchen draws & and shelves, the knobs from the oven & stove, & the blinds and bathtub plug.I presume that is acceptable?"

Don't. Fucking. Piss. Me. Off.

Was in a car accident today. No one was hurt, apart from the cars. It was around 3pm, dickhead high school kids walking through the undercover carpark at the shops, they were walking between the lanes of traffic at an entrance/exit. They were reaching out and touching cars as they went by, basically playing chicken. The guy in the dirty great 4wd in front of us slammed his brakes on as one of the kids slapped the side of his car and bam, my mate T rear ended him. Fucking stupid moronic, irresponsible kids. They laughed and rain off into the shopping centre. The one good part was my always eloquent daughter muttering "oh shit" from the back seat after the impact. Sums it up kiddo.


After the fun of that, was when we returned to my new place and I left the note for Mr Power Trip energex dickhead. Also mowed, and measured to ensure furniture fits.


By the time I got home, I was ready for bed, but haven't packed a fucking thing.


I'm about to stack boxes in a corner, have a hot shower (I'd love to say long and hot, but 10 mins is about all I get, not going to miss that!!), then crawl into bed and think of hedgehogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment