Friday 10 May 2013

Well that's different


From the day I moved in, I seem to have acquired a friend, of sorts. Stalker? Reincarnated loved one? Guardian angel? Not exactly the type I'd imagine though.

A fly ..... Yeah a buzzing, hundreds of eyes, winged, maggot producing fly.

He (could be a she, I'm not up on insect sexing techniques but if I'm going to have someone/something watch me shit, shower, shave and sleep, it may as well be male, I need the company), anyway, he was in my room the day I moved in. That night I had a shower, and he sat on the basin. He stayed there and I dried, dressed, moisturised. I walked over to the bed and he met me there, sitting on my lamp. Right now as I type this on my phone, he is sitting on the bed head.

I have seen other flies in here at times, usually one fly (I presume my mate) is chasing the other.
Some nights when I lay in bed playing stupid addictive games on my iPad (fucking candy crush), he lands on the iPad, just below the front camera. He doesn't fly away when I need to touch the screen below him.

Now I realise it's a fly, and I'm presuming the same fly, hell do flies even live weeks? I don't think every fly would be so daring, not to mention habitual. Every night he sits either on the basin or on the floor while I shower, and every night he is close when I'm in bed.

The creepy part? The only times he has ever flown close to my face/ears (something most flies do often) is seconds before one of the girls stirs/cries/wakes. I'm not shitting you. When Miss O was sick and sleeping with/on me in my bed, that damn fly would wake me right before she'd start stirring, which was usually when her temperature had spiked again or she was due more medication.

A fly? Seriously universe? You send me a fucking fly? I've even started talking to it, and actually yelled "no no, don't squish him" when Miss G spotted him sitting on the window and declared "I must kill that fly" (that's creepy in itself). I suppose I should be glad I have company? Lol



Stay tuned for the next instalment of this saga! 

No comments:

Post a Comment