Tuesday 28 May 2013

Meat meat glorious meat .... And owls, but not to eat.

I'm guessing I'm not the only parent that sits on the floor of the bathroom when their kids are having a bath, and messages friends, writes blogs and does up the meal plan? 

Here I am doing all of the above while my 2 are enjoying the bubbles. I wish I was still small enough for the bath tub to feel like a swimming pool. 

As I've mentioned already, I'm planning Miss O's combined first birthday/naming day party. I've been looking into cake toppers (it's an owl theme) and bitching at the prices people are wanting ... $40 fucking dollars for a fondant owl? Seriously? And it's not even cute!!! And no, I do not want Hoot or Hootabell (even if the girls do love them).
Cue friend with the creative skills I lack .... and a stock of fondant, colouring, fancy cutter things and patience. 
3.5 odd hours later we have an owl (that perfectly matches the one I used on the invitation), a name plaque, a pretty number 1 on wire and 80 odd tiny fucking hearts I cut with the cookie cutter style thing and my thumb is still numb.
 I coloured one lot of the fondant blue .... I look like I've given a hand job to a smurf. 


Seriously though, so. fucking. awesome!!! 


Finally got to the local meatcity today too. So. Much. Meat!!!! It's insane! And the prices, fuck me why have I never been there properly before? Well that would be because its not in the most practical place for a person with no car. I'm now converted though. 


"Meat showroom" ...I recommend using the free jackets, it's freezing as shit in there, I could have cut glass with my fripples after the first 2 mins. 


$77 worth of meat .....including left overs this is 1 month worth of meals for us (presuming I used just this meat every night, but allowing for what I already have in the freezer, I won't be meat shopping for at least 6 weeks). It's all the better cuts too, I could have done it cheaper but fuck it, give me all the meat!!!!! *sniggers* 

All that meat available (.... *more sniggers* ...) and what does my kid ask for for dinner?


More meat for me!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment