Thursday 30 May 2013

Thursday morning ABC

This morning I would like to thank ABC 4Kids for making me appear magical in my daughters eyes. 

"Mum please I want Playschool on" 
"Ok Hun in a minute" (I'm in the middle of making breakfast and coffee, priorities kid!!!) 
*30 seconds later* ... *playschool song starts*
"YAY mum, thanks you!!!!" 

Later, I'm elbow deep in morning baby shit and Miss G asks for The Wiggles.
 (remember when mornings started at midday and you were "elbow deep" in your boyfriends morning wood? *sigh*).
"Maybe I'll put them on later" 
.... *5 mins later*
"Wooohoooo WIGGLES, you put my Wiggles on" 
Oh hells yes I took full credit!!! 

She also yelled at me for singing the Playschool songs and when I started singing "rock-a-bye your bear" she rudely informed me I am NOT a Wiggle and cannot sing the songs. Excuse me? What happened to freedom of song? Why can't I get in touch with my lame side? 

I'm now wondering why the tigers on Daniel Tigers Neighborhood are wearing no pants. Wasn't fat cat axed for that reason? 



Actually, the amount of questionable content in these kids shows is fantastic. I should probably say its alarming, a bad example for children, but fuck it, it's as entertaining as hell, and makes hours of animation and bad songs bearable. 


Remember this dude from Playschool? When I was a kid I thought he was great, my mum did too, wasn't until I got older that I realised just how fucking brilliant he was. Thank you kids show writers for thinking of us parents ..... Except those responsible for Yo-Gabba-Gabba, In The Night Garden and Teletubbies, fuck you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment