Friday 10 May 2013

Star Trek!!!

Went out today, kid free (that's exciting enough as it is) to gold class (wooot!) to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. Now, I'm a bit of a fan ..... Ok I'm a bit of a big fan. I have grown up on Star Trek, when my peers were watching Dawson's Creek and Buffy, I was watching Star Trek. No I don't dress up, or go all Trekkie about it ..... But I do have a Vulcan script tattoo, collectors edition box sets, have seen all episodes, series and movies, and my daughter was given a name after my favourite character, but I'm not about to Vulcan salute a stranger and yell "live long and prosper".

Anyway, it was good!!!!! I did go all geek girl in some parts, shaking my head and "tut-tut"ing, but I also know it has been revamped for a new audience, who aren't so easy to please as the original, and expect great visual wonder and action in line with today's technological advances. That aside I really enjoyed it. I jumped, gasped, laughed, cried, was shocked, cried a bit more, cheered and giggled like a stoned school girl ....... 

I could go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it (never say I'm inconsiderate!) .....

My epic awesome Spock earrings joined me today too, love them. I keep meaning to go back to get more, maybe some Dr Who, hmmm .... Jessica's Jewels on facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment