Sunday 1 September 2013

Head lice, nits ... assholes

Call them what you like, they are assholes. 

Miss G is 4 years old in 3 weeks, we have managed to escape lice all this time. Yesterday I found eggs in her hair, then 2 lice. Argh!!! 
Through the mums group, I found out that the eggs I found had already hatched as they were brown. BRILLIANT! Strip all the beds, all stuffed toys and dolls sitting outside, lounge sprayed and vacuumed, trip to the chemist to open my wallet and give my PIN, treatment costs a fortune! 
Of course I just changed all the sheets and towels on Wednesday, haven't even finished washing that fucking lot and BAM the pile as multiplied. AWESOME!

Miss G has hair that goes past her butt, imagine the fun I've had today! Thank fuck she was well behaved and tolerant. As she left the bathroom, I thanked her for being so good, her response "thank you for doing my hair!", you're welcome kid, don't make it happen again. 

I never thought I'd say I'm glad I have dandruff and psoriasis, seems it's a natural barrier to the tiny blood sucking bastards. Treated myself anyway, paranoia wins every time! 

I'm hoping this is not going to repeat itself again for a while. I have the tea tree oil spray ready to go, beware assholes, I am armed. 

oh yeah, Happy Fathers Day Mr Ex, and Mr J my awesome stepdad, and Mr P my father. 
And, happy "I'm doing it all because I'm the fucking bomb" to all the single mums out there, and single dads. Keep kicking parenting ass, and remember just how amazing you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment