Wednesday 2 October 2013

Bear, the man of Shit Mountain.

A few weeks ago, I had another man come into my life. 
His name is Bear and he is a greyhound. 

I came across the Greyhound Adoption Program yonks ago at the Royal Brisbane Show (aka the Ekka). I know they are fucking odd looking dogs, their heads look too small for their bodies, and they are skinny and lanky, but fuck they are adorable! 

This guy is so stupidly patient. The girls smother him in kisses, hugs, they cover him in blankets, boss him around, and the dude just doesn't give a shit. On the rare occasion he has had enough, he'll let them know with a bark (which is surprisingly intimidating).
He is HUGE, and he forgets it at times. Like when he tries to turn around in narrow spaces, or when he gets on my bed in the middle of the night.
He is also the biggest fucking sook! He shadows me everywhere, when I go for a shower, he waits for me outside the door. He sleeps on the floor at the foot of my bed, or, when one of the girls are having a bad night, I'll find him either on Miss G's bed, or on their floor. He accompanies me wherever I go. When we are home, he has to be inside (or he literally cries).


One thing I kinda didn't think about, was big dog = big poop.
Big isn't the word for it. It looks like he has eaten and shit out another small dog. I miss having a man around just so I can send him outside to do the "mans job" of picking up the dog shit mountains. 

Alas, I do it, and I wish I had bigger hands. 







* Just to clarify, I don't pick up the giant shit with my bare hands, I wear a plastic bag as a glove, I'm not that fucking stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment